Sunday, August 29, 2010

shells















I took Sarah, Nicole and Philip to the wet beach to collect shells for my garden. If we can find the space in the car, I would like to bring 4 or 5 large bags of shells home. They make a great mulch that snails really hate. I've had tones of trouble with snails this year. It was windy and a little wet on the beach. But we could stay until it began to pour. Then we ran to the cafe. This cafe is very cool. It's been built from old shipping containers. I love the idea of using shipping containers as sustainable housing for the poor. I've written about this before on my family blog. It was warm and very nice in the cafe. It really shows what can be done with these old containers. Millions of containers are in what are called grave yards. They are a waste product that can be recycled to help the poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment